Monday 9 July 2012

Time for a clear out...

18 months ago I called for a "Big de-clutter week" and lots of friends, both flesh and blood and those who live only in my computer, joined me and we spent 7 days banishing cobwebs, mess and the accumulated "stuff" that was threatening to suffocate us.
And I think it's time we did it again.
My house is a pit so I'll start on the basics this week, but more than that I want it decluttered and organised for the summer and the new term. I'd like to come back from holiday to a fresh start where we can lay down new "rules" for the children with the framework already in place - "shoes in x basket as soon as you are through the door", kind of thing- I also need to go through all their clothes and work out what we need for Autumn/ Winter as we'll be buying over the summer an I don't want to get stuff we don't need or miss stuff we do, tbh, I could do with doing this for J and I too.
And that's just the start of it. I need to reclaim the kitchen from the creeping clutter and make the understairs cupboard a useful space.

So, are you in? We've got 3 weeks to the end of term? Make plans and prepare this week? (For me this will include the regular/ irregular in this house :weep: getting on top of housework.
Clear the clutter next week?
Set up the new regime in week 3?

Are you with me? Are you with me? (aye aye Birdsnest! :laugh: )



My garden may need some tidying too, I can see my neighbour weeding hers and every now and then she lobs one over the wall....

No comments:

Post a Comment